Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Happenings

Friday night my school had its fall festival. This year since I have changes jobs I was in charge of different activities. I had the country store this year. It usually has baked goods, home canned goods, and crafts. Well of course my talented Shane had the idea to go cut some cedar trees and make some benches to sell. He and dad made seven benches like the one in the picture and they were all sold before fall festival even began. (I had one on display all week) Thanks to him my classroom was a big success and raised a lot of money. Unfortunately I do not have cute pics of my kids playing games because I was in my room making balloon critters. I have made enough balloon dogs to last me at least a year. Thank you Shane and Dad! Also thank you Mom and Dad for helping take care of my kids all afternoon while I set up and all night while I worked. I do not know what I would have done without you.

Of course we had a large crowd for the Saturday morning soccer games. Thanks to all who make it out to support the boys every weekend. It means a lot to them.

Shane had to ref Hayden's game this week. For whatever reason his age gets the shaft sometimes and therefore when there are not enough refs to go around they have to make do. Hayden had a good time and really hustled out there. He always has plenty of energy.

Shane's team (Paxton) had a wonderful game this week. They are making major improvements every week. Shane is a wonderful coach and I think these are really special times for him and the boys. He really enjoys it and it shows!

After the soccer games, Shane, Reagan, and Paxton went out to Nana and Papa's new house to work on electrical things. Hayden and I had a jumping party but met up with them afterwards. Hayden has been spending two afternoons a week out at the building site after preschool. He is very at home out there as you can see. He and Paxton had a nice afternoon playing in the sand pile.

Paw and Shane have their new hunting and fishing toy. They got the old motor on and running this weekend in anticipation of their annual Cub Creek hunting expedition. The boat has already provided my children tons of imagination fun (fishing, exploring, crabbing) and has not even left the yard.

Reagan and Houston decided to take a little adventure of their own. Reagan loves our animals. We are lucky that we have some very patient ones. Reagan also LOVES her babies. She almost always is toting a baby. (or she has gotten her dad or Paw to tote it for her)

Hayden wanted to just take some time to tear up the yard. He is becoming a much better driver (thank goodness:)).







1 comment:

amberorr said...

I love that picture of Reagan and Houston. So sweet that she is carrying around her baby. :)